Saturday 15 March 2014

Product Review : Christian Dior 579 Rose Vision Lipstick

Hi guys!

Today I am reviewing the lipstick Christian Dior 579 Addict Rose Vision.
I don't know why, but I was unable to find it on their website. The 579 there is called "Must Have", maybe they changed the name?
So, coming back to the topic at hand, I asked a friend to get this lipstick for me from US and I think I got it for 32$. It's been a while now since I've had it.


Dior Rose Vision 579


About 

Rose Vision is a sweet pink shade with golden shimmer. The Shimmer is really tiny and gives a beautiful sheen to the lips. Girls with smaller lips will love this as it plumps up the lips. It has an old lady type smell though, which I'm not too fond of. I prefer fragrance free lipsticks.


Packaging

Oh my God! The packaging is to die for. The cap is a translucent grey engraved with DIOR. The lipstick is in a golden tube printed with Dior in black. The tube ends in a pot kind of structure. Don't you just wanna make your girlfriends jealous with this!


Texture

The texture is so creamy! It glides on perfectly without the need of a lip balm underneath. Unlike most creamy lipsticks, it stays put and doesn't glide off the the lips. The lipstick is highly pigmented and covered my pigmented lips in just 1 swipe.


Swatch Dior Rose Vision 579 Lipstick
The swatch on my arm seems a bit reddish, but it comes as pink on the lips.


Wear Time

Wear time is a decent 4-5 hours. Will survive snacks but won't survive an entire meal.

It's definitely an evening lipstick and the shimmer makes it a bit much for the office. I usually wear it to family functions. It's definitely not an everyday lipstick.


Swatch Dior Rose Vision 579 Lipstick



To sum it all up:

Pros:
  • Pretty pink shade with golden shimmer
  • Moisturizing
  • Highly pigmented

Cons:
  • Availability
  • Too expensive

Will I buy it again? NO, might look for some cheaper alternative
Will I recommend? YES
Rating - 4/5

Do comment!

Love 
Team MASC

Disclaimer: The products mentioned have been bought from my own money and the views expressed are solely based on my opinion and experience.